Cost & Insurance
No matter your coverage, we're here to help.
Take advantage of financial assistance.
At Biogen Idec, our goal is to ensure that no patient is denied treatment based solely on financial limitations. Whether you're uninsured, privately insured, or insured through a public payer (such as Medicare) the TYSABRI ActiveAccess Financial Assistance Program is tailored to your individual needs.
Our services include:
- Offering co-pay assistance for eligible patients, so you pay $0 a month, regardless of income*
- Providing therapy free of charge with no time limit to those who are truly in need
- Working with your insurance company to help you find the most affordable way to receive treatment, including helping with prior authorizations and denied claims
- Helping you find coverage if you need it, such as Medigap, COBRA, and Medicaid
- Guiding you to take advantage of the new benefits of healthcare reform laws
- Finding assistance with premiums, copays, and other needs
Whatever your financial situation, you can receive more information by calling a TYSABRI ActiveSource™ Coordinator at 800.456.2255 Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM (ET) — even if you're not currently taking TYSABRI.
*There may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that you can receive over one year, based on income.
Master your insurance benefits.
We know that understanding, much less mastering, your insurance benefits may be overwhelming. That's why we're here to try to make it easier for you. Whether you have inadequate coverage, high copay/co-insurance, or no coverage, we'll help you find the most affordable way to receive your treatment. Our TYSABRI ActiveSource Coordinators are available to help you with insurance questions at 800.456.2255 Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM (ET).
Biogen Idec Insurance Services include:
- Researching your insurance coverage
- Coordinating coverage for TYSABRI with your insurance company
- Helping you with insurance prior-authorization requirements, as well as information and assistance regarding denied claims
- Providing options for additional insurance coverage
Note: You'll need a completed and signed TOUCH® enrollment form for the above insurance research and support services.
Get covered with private insurance.
If you're interested in TYSABRI for your relapsing MS and have private medical insurance, there's good news. Most private insurance plans currently provide coverage for TYSABRI.
Before starting TYSABRI, it's helpful to find out:
- What type of insurance you currently have
- Whether and how TYSABRI will be covered by your health insurance
- How much of the cost (if any) you'll need to contribute
Depending on your insurance benefits, you may or may not have some financial responsibility for the cost of TYSABRI or the infusion co-pay. You may also have yearly deductibles or limits on your out-of-pocket responsibilities that impact the cost of TYSABRI to you.
The TOUCH Prescribing Program can help you understand your benefits as they relate to TYSABRI coverage. For more information on what the cost of treatment with TYSABRI could be for you, call 800.456.2255 Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM (ET) to speak with a TYSABRI ActiveSource Coordinator.
Make the most of Medicare.
If you are insured through Medicare, you can still receive coverage for TYSABRI under the Medicare Part B benefit. Under Part B, patients pay a portion of the drug cost and office visit, while Medicare covers the remaining fees. Additional insurance policies that provide coverage for out-of-pocket expenses under Part B are available at an added cost.
TYSABRI ActiveSource Coordinators are available to help you understand your Medicare coverage and additional insurance options that may be available to you. Just call 800.456.2255 Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM (ET).